Sunday, January 30, 2011

Do You Smell Pizza?

Quote of the blog:


Justin: “Why do my post-it notes smell like industrial poison?”


*****

One morning, when I was working as a college advisor, I smelled pizza in my office, but I didn't have any pizza in my office. I looked through my doorway into the assistant’s office (our doors and office windows faced each other). I didn’t see any pizza there either, but asked one of them, “Hey Matthew, do you guys smell pizza?” They sniffed. “Nope.” And then the smell was gone.

Later, I was in my co-worker’s office. We had been talking for twenty minutes when I smelled pizza again, for just a moment. “Cindy, do you smell pizza?” She sniffed. “No.” I knew I smelled pizza but no one else could. I was so confused.


A few hours later a new shift of office assistants were working. I caught the smell again. I asked, “Shannon, do you smell pizza?” She stopped and smelled. “Nope.”


I felt like I was going crazy. I kept typing and then smelled it again - but just for a moment! What could I be smelling? And then, as I answered my question, I felt my cheeks turn hot and red with realization. I had spent the night at my parent’s house and had woken up feeling a bit dizzy. Just as I was leaving I told my mom who brought out her essential oils. “Here,” she said, offering me a small bottle with a green label. “Put this on your tummy, it will help with the dizziness.” I obeyed and glanced at the label before dashing out the door to work. The label read BASIL. All day I kept thinking someone was eating pizza somewhere but I was actually catching a whiff of my basily smelling self!


Needless to say, I didn’t ask anyone the rest of the day if they smelled pizza. I was so glad no one could answer "Yes" or that had tried to help me investigate the mysterious smell!

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaaa, I've used the Basil and Oregano...my husband didn't mind the pizza smell :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sometimes the essential oils can be a bit overwhelming...especially garlic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAhaha! Brook! You are my new favorite! I love love love your posts!

    ReplyDelete